Juki MCS-1500 is a professional-grade serger that comes with a high stitching speed of 1,350 stitches per min. The JUKI MCS-1500 serger has a unique cutting and trimming system with micro-adjustments. It makes it easier to produce precise controlled cuts, including rolled hems.
The machine uses high-precision needles and an adjustable presser foot, which allows you to create accurate seam allowances and superior finished results.
This specialized cover and chain stitch machine have three needles, which allow it to produce professional-quality edges and long-lasting seams. And it can handle knits, wovens, and other texturally diverse fabrics with ease.
The MC-1500 cover stitch machine is a great choice if you are looking for an easy-to-use machine and produces consistent results. You can create runway-ready garments from your home by pairing them with a serging device. This machine is lightweight enough to be taken with you wherever you go.
And the machine’s versatility is sure to please any sewing enthusiast who likes to try out different styles of stitches. Highly recommend this machine for a beginner serger.
What We Like About
- The machine has a color-coded guide that makes threading easy.
- Although the machine comes with three needles, it can also do both three- or four-stitch work. This machine can be used for hems, necklines, and pant seams.
- The chain stitch is great for those areas that are easily stretched when you put them on.
- The Juki MC-1500 has a pleasantly surprising stitching speed of 1,350 stitches per minute, making it one of the fastest covering machines available so you can finish your projects more quickly.
- The thread cutter is also a great feature, which cuts thread when you lift the presser feet.
- With its presser foot, you can also use thicker fabrics or multiple layers.
- The user manual is detailed and contains step-wise instructions on threading it to ensure that the machine works properly. The manual also contains a detailed guide to using the stitches and a troubleshooting diagram to help you deal with any issues when using the machine.
What We Don’t Like
- The MC-1500 cover stitch machine is a great choice if you are looking for an easy-to-use machine and produces consistent results. But the superior features and functions of this serger machine make it more expensive than other regular serger machines.
- Sewing Speed: 1,350 stitches per minute
- Threads: 1-2-3-4
- Dimensions: 280mm x 335mm x 285mm
- Color-Coded: Yes
- Thread cover and chain stitches
- Three needles
- Presser foot lifter
- Easy looper threading
- Adjustable differential feed
- Extension plate w/seam guides
- Presser foot width guide
- Adjustable presser foot pressure
- Thread cutter
- Weight: 20 lbs
Features of Juki MCS-1500 Serger Machine
The Juki MCS-1500 portable serging machine is powerful and lightweight. It features an automatic rolled stitching option, a breakaway threading looper, and a 1-2-3-4 color-coded thread capability. The adjustable stitch length and feed length functions make it easy to control all types of work.
Moreover, you can achieve beautiful results even with stretchy fabrics like georgette, satins, and knits, thanks to the adjustable differential feed. This model comes with a multi-purpose foot that allows you to use various specialty stitches and incorporate tape, piping, or elastic into your work.
Automated Roll Hemming
The automatic hemming feature gives you the best edge for upholstery and clothing. There are two modes for the MCS-1500 automated rolled hem feature. The first lets you roll over the end of your hem, while the second gives you a strong overlock stitch to ensure extra durability.
Presser Foot Lifter
To make it easier to insert the fabric, the tip of your presser foot should be higher than its rest. It can also be raised to a height of 8 mm or 10 mm to handle thicker fabrics.
Extension Plate with Seam Guides
Juki MCS-1500 serger’s extension plates feature easy-to-read seam guides that help to control straight stitching and produce professional results.
Adjustments to the Pressure Foot
The adjustments to the pressure foot give users more control over each sewing project. You can easily adjust the pressure of your presser foot to suit the fabric, which is especially useful when you are using specialty fabrics.
Exterior Thread Cutter
The MCS-1500’s knife system operates on a separate drive. This allows for smooth and precise cutting of specialized threads on fabrics of all types and weights. Each cut is professional, safe, and clean.
Juki MCS-1500 serger comes with a 2-year warranty for all electrical components, including the motor and light assembly. The “all other parts” warranty includes a 5-year guarantee and a 90-day grace period for repairs. The Juki machine’s warranties are valid only if it is used in a household setting.