The Juki HZL-DX7 is capable of sewing through your heavy quilts with multiple layers or heavyweight denim fabric with ease. If you work on thick fabrics a lot, then this is the go-to machine for home use as it is capable of handling such fabrics.
This is the best home-based sewing machine with an industrial level quality as it comes from Juki, who are specialized in making industrial machines. They impart the quality and durability features same as the heavy-duty machines into their domestic machines as their signature.
This heavy-duty quilting machine is not only versatile owing to the range of 287 stitches but is also swift enough to complete your projects at a top speed of 1050 SPM. Despite its heavy-duty capability, it operates quietly, giving you the much-needed peace of mind needed for excellent creativity.
It is modern-looking and comes with an easy-to-use button arrangement along with an LCD screen to assist you in setting your parameters for stitches. The deep blue colored panel goes well with the white body, and the yellow accents give it an interesting exterior altogether.
The storage space for small useful items such as needles and bobbins onboard is quite handy, placed under the compartment conveniently.
It is sturdy and made of high-quality metal, including its needle plate and the needle. It provides its users with complete satisfaction as they can produce their creative masterpieces with high finishing standards.
What We Like About
- The Juki HZL-DX7 joins various material or fabric types in multiple layers easily.
- It is possible to add decorative trims or stitches using specialty threads to get an artistic pattern.
- You get an industrial level of box feed technology in this home machine that allows you to achieve professional-level stitch results.
- The box feed system is designed to have longer contact with the fabric, ensuring reliable and consistent seams.
- This machine is capable of sewing through the flat fell seam for thick denim pants that require three-layer folding.
- Sewing even stitches on heavyweight fabrics is a breeze with the Juki HZL-DX7.
- Similarly, lightweight fabrics, high pile fabrics, and other tricky fabrics are all easy to sew with this sewing machine.
- The sensor system for buttonholes measures and sews it evenly on the left and right sides, giving you a perfect finish every time.
- The several quick select buttons offer one-touch functions that eliminate the need to use many steps to achieve them.
- The possibility to customize the heel side functions of the foot controller keeps your hands free most of the time and helps you to complete the task quicker.
- The 287 stitches and 4 fonts available assist you in making beautiful designs that depict your creativity.
- An adjustable needle plate offers precise straight stitch with perfect output suitable for free-motion stitching.
- The float function button raises the presser foot to adjust to your required height facilitating the free gliding of multiple layers allowing you to create even seams.
What We Don’t Like
- It does not come with a free arm.
- Small issues with the automatic bobbin winding. It will stop when 2/3 full sometimes.
Features of Juki HZL-DX7
Automatic Needle Threader
The automatic needle threader makes your sewing life easier by pulling the thread through the needle hole automatically in a single go. All you need to do is to keep the thread in the guide and pull the lever. The rest is taken care of by the machine.
The dial allows you to adjust the stitch width and length for customizing the zig-zag stitches based on your fabric and the layers you need to sew. It is easy to operate, and you can also make slight adjustments even while sewing.
Drop Feed Dogs
Facility to drop feed dogs allows you to sew using freehand motion. You can sew both straight or zigzag stitch that is useful in quilting or applique work purposes. Since the presser foot height is also adjustable, you get to enjoy complete free-motion stitching.
The lock stitch, also known as the reverse stitch, is used to reinforce the edges at the starting and the ending of fabric joins. When you use it in the middle of a stitch pattern, then this stitch sews one cycle and stops making it a highly useful function.
The sensor facility for sewing a one-step buttonhole ensures optimal feed using the special clamping plate and the presser foot provided for this purpose. You get to experiment with 16 types of buttonholes, where you can also adjust the cutting width precisely in three steps if required.
Creative Pattern Making
Facilities such as one-point patterns help you create decorative patterns such as original tags, and you can also combine them with character stitches for creating customized designs. Similarly, 4 different character stitches are also provided for versatility.
Quick Select Buttons
The easy-to-use buttons that perform tasks with a touch of a button make your sewing experience more convenient. You get buttons such as lock stitch, reverse stitch, start/stop, needle up/down, thread trimming, and presser foot auto lift in this category.
Stitch Selection Buttons
You get direct buttons to select the most used 10 stitches such as zigzag, straight lines, overcast stitches directly from the control panel. Touch panel sensitivity is also adjustable to your comfort.
Foot Switch Function
The foot controller provides control over various functions when you press on the heel side. Actions such as lifting the presser foot, reverse stitching, trimming thread, or single stitch is controllable using your heel over the foot controller.
This setting can be enabled or disabled according to your use or expertise. Some people require time to get used to these actions, so while they are still practicing and they need to get a project done quickly, this disabled option is highly appreciated.
Automatic Presser Foot Setting
You can set the presser foot position to lift automatically after trimming the thread that saves you several manual foot lifts as you progress with hundreds of projects. Since this is an optional setting, you can either enable or disable it as per your choice.
Adjustable Stitch Speed
You can adjust the regular stitching speed and the starting stitch speed, and the reverse stitch speed in three convenient steps of slow, normal, and fast. Most users find it very comfortable as these are the tricky parts where the stitch finish matters a lot.
The memory function allows you to save up to 10 customized patterns. You can use this facility to retrieve your favorite or most used stitches without the need to set them from scratch each time you want to use them.
For instance, if you prepared a name using the combination of fonts, you can save it in the memory and next time, just select it to sew rather than adding each letter every time.
You get a warranty of 5 years on mechanical parts, 2 for electronics, and 90 days for workmanship defects.
There are many other useful features available with this sewing machine, such as automatic thread cutter, LCD panel, LED lights, top drop-in bobbin, accessory storage, bobbin winder motor, stitch status indicator, several presser feet, and so on.
Juki HZL-DX7’s Accessories
You get plenty of accessories to start sewing and will not have a shortage of any necessary equipment. Starting with presser feet, you get standard presser foot, blind stitch presser foot, buttonhole presser foot, quilt presser foot, overcast presser foot, manual presser foot, quilt presser foot, zipper presser foot, patchwork presser foot, walking foot, and quilting presser foot.
Coming to other small accessories, you get 4 bobbins, a needle set, a twin needle, auxiliary spool pin, 3 spool caps of various sizes, T-shape screwdriver, seam ripper, cleaning brush.
The other helpful accessories that come with this machine are a power cord, foot controller, hard case, quilt guide, instruction manual, and operation support DVD.
The other optional accessories you can buy separately are eyelet punch, extension table, smooth presser foot, edge sewing presser foot, and open toe presser foot.