The DDL-5550 is a beginner-friendly sewing machine in the Juki sewing machine’s lineup that can be used for professional sewing. It is simple to use (as simple as attaching the thread holder and adding oil from the provided bottle to set it up), making it easy for any hobbyist or professional who is in the sewing business to start doing their own projects.
Although the Juki DDL550 is a great value considering its exceptional quality, it may not be affordable for casual sewers. This machine can be used by anyone with any level of skill and is best suited for light to medium-weight fabrics. Even the most inexperienced user can quickly get used to the machine and its functionality.
In addition, for professional and skilled sewers alike who want to do their own wardrobe repairs and homemade clothing projects, the DDL-5550 is useful in many ways because of its wide range of functions and its quality and durability. If you take good care of it (as recommended by Juki), this machine can last you a long time even if used every day. It is also equipped with a servo motor that allows you to adjust the speed from a low speed to 5500 stitches per minute.
What We Like About
- It looks professional enough to be right at home in any room.
- It is 100% reliable in delivering consistent quality stitching and extremely efficient.
- It’s a great, easy-to-use sewing machine and would make a good addition to any professional sewing machine’s arsenal.
- The DDL-5550 is a great choice for anyone with little to no sewing experience or coordination who wants high-quality lockstitching.
- The sewing speed control allows you to adjust the speed of the machine to suit your skill level, regardless if you are just starting sewing or have been sewing on home or industrial machines for many years.
- This machine is an industrial one, but it can also be used in a home setting.
- It includes everything you need, from the stand and table that supports it to all the accessories necessary to get started. Some accessories include extra bobbins and additional thread spools.
- You receive the Juki DDL-5550 pre-assembled. All you need is to add thread and oil and plug it in.
- For professional or amateur sewers, this machine is worth the investment. The machine saves time and quality.
What We Don’t Like
- It’s extremely heavy, so it can be difficult to get it installed from the moment it arrives at your home or workplace.
- This machine is not portable and requires a stable space in a work area. It can be difficult to move this large piece, which comes with a stand and a table, around the room.
- It comes with a straight stitch only. But the straight stitches can be used for almost any type of sewing.
- For someone who is just starting out in sewing or someone with limited experience, the price might seem a little steep.
- Dimensions in inches: 48 x 36x 48 inches
- Stitches: This is only suitable for a single straight stitch (lockstitch)
- Speed: Maximum 5500 stitches per minute (adjustable)
- Weight: 250 pounds
Features of Juki DDL-5550
Juki DDL-500’s most significant feature is the powerful servomotor, which enables the machine to reach a top speed of up to 5,500 stitches per minute and work quietly.
Its heavyweight also helps to keep vibrations and noise produced from the powerful motor at a minimum. The DDL-500’s latest version has a new motor control box that reduces standby power consumption and offers the most recent energy-saving technology.
The Juki DDL500 industrial sewing machine is as smooth and consistent as you would expect at this price. It even cuts at high speeds, thanks to the amazing responsiveness of the thread take-up and feeds mechanisms as well as the thread paths, hook, and thread paths. To ensure consistency in stitching, they are designed to respond immediately to even the smallest changes in the material.
Certain Thread Trimming
The Juki DDL500 Straight Stitch Machine has a thread trimming mechanism that allows you to cut fabric evenly and accurately, even at high speeds.
High Presser Foot Lift
This industrial sewing machine can sew multiple layers and allow you to maneuver layers and sew overlapped pieces.
The machine is assembled right away, and you can start sewing as soon as it arrives. Attached to the machine are a table and a stand that can be used as a storage area.
The Juki DDL-5550 industrial straight-stitch sewing machine includes a packet of extra needles and one bobbin. It will do what it needs with its oil as long as it is in its reservoir. Any additional bobbins will need to be purchased separately.