Janome Memory Craft 6300P is a professional-grade computerized sewing machine designed to sew multiple layers of light to heavyweight fabrics (The machine can handle eight layers of denim). But it’s not an industrial machine, so it won’t be able to handle the thickest leather or sailcloth.
The modern design of this sewing machine is evident. The machine’s metal inner parts are protected in white plastic and enhanced by blue accents around the LCD and on the stitch chart.
Coming to the speed, the Janome MC6300P sewing machine has a fast sewing speed of 1000 spm, and the speed can be set to a lower level for precise stitch placement.
Janome MC-6300P is a lightweight machine with a dimension of 13 x 26 x 18 inches. The machine weighs just about 26.5 lbs. With this lighter weight, you can easily carry it around while visiting your friends or relatives to stitch something upon their garments.
Janome MC-6300P comes with 66 built-in stitches that are programmable and allow you to do decorative stitching and quilting or basic garment creation needs like hemming and buttonholes. This Janome model has an LCD screen along with a 5 piece feed dog to give smooth feeding motion for the fabrics being stitched.
The Janome MC6300P model is equipped with a 25-year manufacturer warranty covering any defect in materials or workmanship found on this machine.
This machine might seem expensive at first glance, but it is actually a bargain compared to professional-grade sewing machines. This would be a great investment if you are interested in starting a side business or do a lot with quilting.
What We Like About
- This machine has a smooth learning curve, so it is easy to start and complete projects with the Janome MC-6300P.
- It’s super easy to set up, whether you are a novice or an expert sewer.
- Janome MC-6300P sewing machine has 66 stitches and four buttonholes.
- The LCD screen allows you to select your settings, includes the stitch speed, type, length, and width.
- This machine has many functions and stitches that allow you to sew almost anything. You can use this Janome MC6300 machine to hem pants, fix a button, quilt, or make a custom project.
- This machine comes with many automatic features, such as automatic threading and automatic cutting.
- The machine comes with tons of accessories and extras that will save you time and money.
- You can complete a variety of projects quickly with this machine, which can stitch at 1,000 stitches per minute. And the speed control allows you to do precise stitches with ease.
- It comes with few built-in stitches that can replicate embroidery stitches if you adjust the stitch to the proper width.
- The machine has a retractable thread guide and a large tension regulator dial.
What We Don’t Like
- This machine is not capable of producing dense and detailed embroidery.
- This Janome Memory Craft 6300P does not come with a free arm, meaning that you won’t have the ability to do small work.
Janome Memory Craft 6300P Features
66 Built-in Stitches
Janome MC-6300P sewing machine has 66 stitches and four buttonholes. There are many stitch types to choose from, including utility and basic straight stitches, blind hem stitches, stretch, overcasting and overcasting stitches. Each stitch can be adjusted by changing the length and width to create different designs. You can even stitch monogramming letters with the machine.
The knee lever allows you to adjust the position of your presser foot with your knee. You can push the lever with the knee, and the presser feet will rise. When you let go of your foot, the lever will naturally return to its original position. This is a feature that professional sewing machines would appreciate since they can’t lift or lower the presser foot manually.
Adjustable Stitch Width
The maximum stitch width is 7 mm, which allows you to make wider border designs for your quilts.
Presser Foot Pressure Control
Another cool feature of the Janome 6300p machine is its presser foot pressure control, which allows you to make adjustments for both thin and thick fabrics while still getting even stitching.
The LED display is easy to read and shows you the current stitch and any changes in length and width.
Vertical Thread Bar
Janome memory crafts also have a vertical thread bar that allows you to have two thread spools with equal tension. This would be useful if you were using the twin needle to do decorative stitching.
Automatic Thread Cutter
An automatic thread cutter is available in Janome MC6300P. You just need to press a button, and your threads will be snipped, which saves time and reduces the need to use extra hand movements if you want to get work done quickly.