The Brother CS6000i is an affordable sewing machine, but that doesn’t mean it lacks features. It does everything a more expensive model would do and provides an easy stitch selection via the menu screen. There are buttons that allow you to adjust stitch length and width, plus few useful accessories included with the machine – an extension table, an accessory pouch, a cleaning brush, spool caps and pins, and more.
The machine comes with 60 stitch options for basic and decorative stitching. For added time-saving, there is also a built-in needle threader and automatic bobbin winding function that fills bobbins with no effort on your part.
The machine also features a free arm that allows you to access hard-to-reach areas easier. This sewing machine offers versatility – you can use it as a free-arm model to stitch sleeves and pants cuffs or convert it into a flatbed/tabletop model to perform detailed tasks like quilt making.
The Brother CS6000i is a great starter model for beginner sewers since it’s capable of sewing through multiple fabrics with ease – perfect for those new to sewing and unsure how their machine will handle different materials.
In addition, teachers love having students use this Brother CS6000i model because it’s a well-made starting point that encourages curiosity in younger users and fashion design students due to its clear display panel, which shows stitches being selected automatically.
This Brother CS6000i sewing machine is a workhorse and can sew 850 stitches per minute. It can also be used for a variety of projects. While the machine allows you to create high-quality basic/decorative stitches without slowing down, it is important to note that it cannot handle well with thick fabrics like leather or upholstery.
What We Like About
- The Brother CS6000i is the best sewing machine for serious sewing but is beginner-friendly
- The advanced technology in this machine makes it easy to set up.
- The Brother CS6000i is one of the most affordable computerized quilting machines on the market, despite so many versatile features it offers.
- It comes with an automatic needle threader that guides the thread through the eye of your sewing needle for you so that you don’t have to do it manually, which saves a lot of your time and energy.
- This machine can be used for quilting, thanks to its oversized working area.
- It has jam-resistant, easy bobbin winding, and a computerized display that allows for quick stitch and speed selection.
- You get over 60 built-in stitches, a free arm, and an extra-large table that allows you to do a variety of projects.
- It has a fast sewing speed of 850 spm, allowing you to finish your tasks faster.
- The adjustable speed setting of the Brother CS6000i is versatile enough to make your heart beat faster. You can adjust the speed by using its electronic speed control or foot pedal.
What We Don’t Like
- The Brother CS6000i has difficulty with thicker fabrics, such as leather and denim, meaning that this machine is not meant to be used for heavy-duty tasks.
- There is no automatic tension control, so you need to adjust it each time manually, which is cumbersome for both beginners and advanced sewists.
- The LED light could be better, and it would have been a good idea to add a few extra LEDs to meet your expectation.
- The Brother CS6000i sewing machine can remember your needle position. However, it cannot remember your stitch customization.
An Extensive Range of Accessories
Although the Brother CS6000i may appear overwhelming initially, it is worth noting that there are so many available accessories, including an oversized table, an accessory pouch, a cleaning brush, spool caps and pins, bobbins, an eyelet punch, a ripper, needle set, and 9 different presser feet.
Perfect for Quilting
The machine is equipped with a spring action quilting foot and an extra-wide table, so when it comes to the machine’s ability to quilt, this Brother CS6000i sewing machine is shining.
Automated Needle Threader
The automatic needle threader is a popular choice for beginners as well as those who are more experienced. The Brother CS6000i sewing machine’s automated needle threader makes threading easier by reducing the effort required.
Sewing machines with fast sewing speed can overwhelm beginners who are nervous about making mistakes or getting started on their first project. Brother CS6000i gives those who wish to make it easier an opportunity to get into their projects by providing them precise speed control. You can adjust the speed at a lower rate to help you familiarize yourself with the machine.
You can control your sewing speed by using the included foot pedal or its three-speed settings. You can also use the stop and start buttons to stop the needle from moving so you can easily reposition the pattern.
It comes with a large and sturdy quilting table so you can start quilting even the most difficult projects.
Stitch Selection and Customization
You can choose between the 60 included stitches from the LCD screen and adjust the stitch length (5mm max.) and width (7mm max.)by pressing a button. The 60 built-in stitches include 20 decorative stitches, 20 regular stitches, 7 quilting stitches, 6 heirloom stitches, and 7 auto-buttonhole styles.
The free arm is used when sewing fabric that’s in the round. It makes it easier the guide the fabric under the needle and makes it less likely you’ll catch other parts of the garment accidentally. Also, with a free arm, you can work on hard-to-reach areas such as sleeves, cuffs, or hems easily.
You can create high-quality buttonholes in a matter of minutes with the one-step buttonhole feature. Simply select a buttonhole style, and your machine automatically converts the material into a perfect buttonhole.