Brother Project Runway CS5055PRW is a computerized sewing machine that comes with versatile features, capabilities, and the ability to complete difficult, demanding, or intermediate-level sewing projects.
The small dimensions of the Brother Project Runway CS5055PRW sewing machine make it easy to fit in any sewing area, and it can be moved to any place easily. So it won’t be difficult if you want to bring your sewing machine to class.
Brother CS5055PRW is an excellent sewing machine that can serve your lifetime. It offers many advantages like its super quiet engine and reliable needle that will produce excellent results. This machine is well built with durable metal housing and a heavy-duty sewing plate that can withstand the rigors of daily use.
If you are looking for something creative, this machine should be your first choice. The Brother CS5055PRW can be a perfect choice for kids who want to learn how to sew or who are taking sewing classes. There’s an easy threading system that eliminates the need of having someone help you thread the needle, and it has precise controls, making it an ideal machine for craft projects.
Lighter machines tend to be less stable and produce sloppy stitches and less clean finishes. However, this is not the case with the CS5055PRW. It will stay in place even at the top speed, so you can get the professional finish you desire, meaning that there won’t be any problems with patterns or projects getting damaged by jumping or shaking.
The versatility of the Brother CS5055PRW sewing machine is a huge hit in the United States, Canada, and Europe. This review will provide all the information you need to make the right and informed decision.
What We Like About
- This portable sewing machine weighs only 10 pounds and has a plastic handle for mobility. You can easily carry your sewing machine from home to class.
- It has a fast sewing speed of 850 spm that allows you to finish your work quickly.
- It’s easy to skip the tedious fumbling and get straight to sewing in minutes with this user-friendly sewin machine. And the manual is easy to understand and will provide all the help you need
- Brother CS5055PRW gives you a wide range of stitch options. It comes with 50 stitch options, including utility, decorative, and heirloom stitches.
- This machine is suitable for both intermediate and beginner sewers.
- It is affordable for sewers who have limited budgets or are still uncertain about their abilities.
- Capability to sew thick and cumbersome fabrics
- It is strong and durable enough to withstand a variety of materials, all-night projects, and bursts in creativity.
- This sewing machine runs smoothly, and you will get premium-quality stitches.
What We Don’t Like
- Although the storage compartment can hold all the accessories you purchase with your sewing machine, and some customers thought it was still too small.
- The workspace is well lit, but the LED screen was not. And you shouldn’t sew late at night if you don’t have enough lighting.
Features of the Brother CS5055PRW Sewing Machine
The Brother project runway CS5055PRW electric sewing machine is simple to set up. It has more features than a more expensive (and more complicated) sewing machine.
The Brother CS5055PRW comes with 50 utility, decorative, and heirloom stitch options. Five one-step buttonholes in custom sizes are included. These buttonholes can be used to create a beautiful buttonhole for your creation.
With this sewing machine, you can adjust the length and width of each stitch to create different designs using multiple needle positions, such as left, right, or center. It can be used to sew elastics and fleece as well as other flexible materials.
Automatic Threading System
Threading a needle is one of the most tedious aspects of sewing, and this Brother CS5055PRW sewing machine is paired with an automatic needle-threading system that reduces eye strain when threading a needle.
Automatic Thread Cutter
To easily cut your needle threads, it comes with an automatic thread cutter that is located at the back of the machine to the left. Once you are familiar with the thread cutter, you will be able to easily set up your next sewing section.
LCD Screen and LED Light
The LED lights up the area, which is extremely useful for sewing in a small space without much light. The CS5055PRW computerized sewing machine also has an easy-to-use LCD screen that displays all functions.
A smart stitch selector is included in this computerized machine, shown on the LCD screen. It makes it easy to switch the stitches easily, shows you the stitch’s length and width, and tells you which presser foot to use.
Vertical Spool Pin
Vertical spool pins allow you to spool your thread, check tension easily, and feed on less common threads like metallic more effectively.
Good Feeding System
A good feeding system prevents lighter fabrics from bunching and also keeps heavier or unusual fabrics under control. A good feeding system will become your friend even if you are handling polyester or denim.
Brother CS5055PRW sewing machine has well-designed feed dogs to ensure uniform fabric feeding, which makes your stitching more consistent and precise, resulting in better quality results.
You can also drop the feed dogs to free-motion quilting or sewing, which is very important when creativity takes flight. After gaining some experience, you might consider working with more difficult fabrics to see the benefits.
The Brother CS5055PRW is a lightweight sewing machine that weighs 10.65 lbs and has a convenient handle for easy transport.
It is easy to locate the bobbin winder near the top.
The front of the machine has a stitch chart for quick reference.