Bernette has a long history of designing and manufacturing high-quality sewing machines, with the main aim to give you an easy stitching experience. Bernette Chicago 7 sewing machine one of the most advanced sewing machine from Bernette and is a great investment if you are looking for a sewing machine that can allow you to embroidery and does other larger projects.
Bernette Chicago 7 sewing machine comes with multiple features that help you in setting and working on various kinds of projects. After completing a few sewing projects, you can try your hand at quilting and other larger projects that use heavier materials, thanks to its ease of use and durability.
Bernette Chicago 7 sewing machines are simple-to-use, enjoyable, and affordable for all levels of sewers – from beginners to experts – even if it’s your first time using a sewing machine.
Although this machine moves slower than other sewing and embroidery machines, and its top speed is only 620 spm, the stitch quality is exceptional, making it a great machine to learn embroidery on.
What We Like About
- The machine is very reliable and produces beautiful results every time.
- The Bernina Bernette Chicago 7 is a great choice for beginners. The Bernina Bernette Chicago has everything a sewer needs to get started, including guides and automatic features.
- The Bernina Bernette Chicago 7 sewing machine is durable and can last you for years.
- The manual will help you get things moving quickly. There are also many videos online that can help you overcome any hiccups.
- The sewing machine can handle leather and denim materials efficiently, provided you use the right needles and accessories.
- This machine is highly recommended to all users because the LCD screen and great support make it easy to use for beginners and experts alike.
What We Don’t Like
- This machine is slower than others, so it can be frustrating if you have multiple projects going at once
One of the greatest advantages of computerized sewing machines is their LCD screens that allow you to follow the instructions and choose your desired designs or patterns. The screen of the Bernina Bernette 7 Chicago 7 is larger than other machines, and the options are more easily accessed than machines with smaller screens. The included LED light makes it possible to see your working area even if you work in a dim environment.
Six Needle Positions
While its six needle positions are not essential, they can make the experience even more enjoyable. The needle position option allows you to use the guides on your presser foot and adjust the position of the sewing machine needle, letting you sew your stitches exactly where you want them.
The button start/stop feature is convenient because it eliminates foot control and allows you to run the machine like it was on automatic. This feature is handy for beginners who may need to take some time to get comfortable with the operation of their sewing machine’s foot pedal.
Needle Thread Monitoring and Bobbin Monitoring
The Bernina Bernette Chicago 7 is a computerized sewing machine that comes with needle thread monitoring and Bobbin thread checking functions, which automatically stop the machine if there is no thread in the spool or if the needle broke.
As an extra precaution, the machine checks your bobbin before starting embroidery, allowing for faster sewing and embroidering with less backtracking and mistake.
Needle Threader and Thread Cutter
Although the needle threader feature is not fully automatic, it can save you a lot of time, especially beginners. You won’t go back to manual threading once you get used to this feature.
Do you have a child who is obsessed with Disney and butterfly designs? Do you want to embroider geeky designs onto a jacket? You can find new and interesting embroidery designs by looking on the internet and transfer the images to your machine through the USB port.
What Fabric Can You Sew With Bernette Chicago 7
- Natural fibers/cotton-linen-wool
- Fine fabrics/silk-satin-taffeta/velvet
- Synthetic fabrics/blends-rayon-polyester
What Fabric Can’t You Sew With?
- Reptile skin
- Extra thick fabrics or multiple layers
- 9 Snap-on presser feet
- All-purpose foot
- Buttonhole foot
- Blind hem foot
- Button sewing foot
- Overcasting foot
- Satin stitch foot
- Zipper foot
- Simple embroidery foot
- Darning/Embroidery foot
- Lint brush/seam ripper
- Needle set
- Extra bobbins
- L-shaped screwdriver
- Long spool pin long
- Spool pin felt
- 2 Spool holders (1 large/1 small)
- Dust Cover
- Spool net
- Embroidery hoop (L-110x170mm)
- 6 Presser feet
- Cording foot
- Gathering foot
- Hemmer foot
- ¼“ Quilting foot
- Walking foot
- Invisible Zipper foot
- Twin needle
- 2 Embroidery hoops
- Medium – 100 x 100mm
- Small – 40 x 40mm