The Juki MO-6814S industrial serger machine can be used for tailoring, curtains makers, fashion designers, and alterations shops. It is also recommended for home use, dry cleaning, school, colleges, and schools. This overlocker is used widely in the sewing industry because of its high quality and adaptability to different materials.
Juki designed the MO-6814S overlocker to produce the highest quality seams, even sewing at the top speed of 7000 spm. It is loaded with features that are hard to find on other overclockers at this price range.
For instance, its presser foot gives the users complete height control while sewing thick or elastic materials because it evenly distributes pressure across all layers of fabric to prevent the needle from becoming caught in the material. This feature comes especially handy when you have multiple layers of cloth piled together while sewing.
Other features in this MO-6814S serger that ensure your sewing experience is as smooth and enjoyable as possible include a differential-feed micro-adjustment mechanism, an external adjustment mechanism to adjust the feed dog’s inclination, and an external adjustment mechanism.
Also, this specific model includes a differential feed ratio control mechanism that allows you to set the differential feed ratio between 0.6 (stretching) to 1.4 (gathering) to sew on stretchy material without ripping the thread. The Juki MO-6814S has an adjustable stitch length range from 0.6 ~ 3.8 mm.
The machine can produce an overlock stitch and an additional stitch measured approximately 3-5 mm in width to secure your sewing. And the silent servo motor allows you to sew comfortably and without making loud noises like a clutch motor.
- Stitch Type: 2-needle overlock
- Max Sewing Speed: 7,000sti/min
- Stitch length: 0.6 ~ 3.8 (4.5) mm
- Needle gauge (mm): 2.0
- Differential Feed Ratio: For gathering 1:2 (Max. 1:4), For stretching 1:0.7 (Max. 1:0.6)
- Needle: DC×27 (excluding some subclass model)
- Max. lift of the presser foot: 7mm (excluding some subclass model)
- Weight: 27 kg
What We Like About
- The advanced overlock machine is easy to use, promises superior cost-effectiveness, responsiveness to light- to heavyweight materials, and a lower applied tension.
- The machine has a needle thread take-up mechanism and a looper stitch take-up lever that ensures the machine produces beautiful, high-quality seams.
- You can use this serger to match the elasticity of the material even at speeds of 7,000 sti/min.
- The machine also has a larger and brighter needle entrance and is more responsive to the materials. This makes it easier for the operator to use the machine.
- The machine’s optimally balanced design reduces vibration and operating noise, allowing for more comfortable sewing.
- The Juki MO-6800S serger can be used with a variety of sewing materials. It can produce beautiful, soft-to-the-touch seams and reduces operating noise.
What We Don’t Like
- This serger machine is a bit pricey.
- The machine is heavy thus, it’s not portable.
- Because of the weight of the table with motor, there might be some minor marring or scratches due to shipping.