Janome 2030QDC-B is a top-rated computerized quilting machine equipped with various features and functions that will allow sewers of every level to improve and develop their sewing skills.
This Janome 2030QDC-B is also an entry-level or mid-range sewing machine that comes at a reasonable price. The machine is well worth the money and you will find a lot of value with it.
With a speed range of up to 600 stitches per minute, this machine will have any type or style of the fabric moving through it easily. The maximum stitch length on this machine is 5mm, and the maximum stitch width is 7mm.
Your feet will move quickly and smoothly across the foot control as you guide them at speeds ranging from 60 – 600 SPM (stitches per minute). The presser foot lift lever makes raising and lowering your presser foot an absolute breeze.
Coming to the design, the Janome 2030QDC-B sewing machine has a simple aesthetic. The exterior casing is completely white and made from strong plastic. The needle plate and inner workings of the machine are made entirely from metal. The sewing machine is smaller than an average sewing machine in terms of size.
What We Like About
- This Janome sewing machine can be set up quickly, whether you are a beginner or an expert.
- It’s an easy-to-use sewing machine that comes with a variety of handy functions. And the threading process is easy and simple.
- This machine has a lot to offer, including 30 stitches (three buttonholes), a tension dial, and adjustable stitch width and length. There’s also an automatic needle threader and reverse-stitch functionality.
- The maximum stitch length on this machine is 5mm, and the maximum stitch width is 7mm.
- The LCD allows you to control nearly everything and clearly view all settings on the backlit LCD screen.
- Drop-in bobbins make it easier to spot problems before they occur, which is very convenient.
- It weighs only 12 lbs, so it is portable, and you can bring it to any place you want.
What We Don’t Like
- This design is more prone to jamming because of its position. There may be tangled threads and seized-up bobbins. But these problems can be identified early and rectified by having a clear view of each compartment.
- It was designed for home use rather than professional settings.
- You might experience tension issues, meaning that you can cause your machine to skip stitches, break threads, jam up too often, and other problems.
Specifications and Accessories
- Maximum stitch width: 7mm
- Maximum stitch length: 5mm
- Locking stitch button
- Memorized needle up/down
- Auto declutch bobbin winder
- Extra high presser foot lift
- One-hand needle threader
- Snap-on presser feet
- 7 piece feed dog
- A functional quilting kit
- A walking foot
- A 1/4” seam foot
- A darning foot
- A craft foot
- A cloth guide.
Features of Janome 2030QDC-B
Top Loading Full-Rotary Hook Bobbin
This is a fully rotary machine with a hook that rotates in a complete circle around a stationary bin. When the needle is returning through the fabric, the shuttle hook captures the thread, and the hook wraps around the bobbin to create the stitch. The thread tolerances of rotary hook sewing machines are very tight.
These machines work best with specific thread sizes, but they are not recommended outside their range.
The rotary hook also runs more smoothly at higher speeds (no vibrations). It is quieter and causes fewer thread jams than machines equipped with oscillating hooks.
30 Built-In Stitches
You can choose from 30 stitch options built into the sewing machine on the LCD screen to make it easy to find the right stitch for your project.
3 One-Step Buttonholes
Janome 2030 has 3 built-in buttonholes, which measure your button’s actual size each time it makes a buttonhole and ensures that each buttonhole you make will be the same as the previous one, giving you professional results. Of course, you can adjust the buttonhole settings to get fine details.
Controlling the Threads Tension Manually
The manual thread tension control allows you to adjust the thread tension of the sewing machine.
You can use free-arm sewing to make waistbands, hem sleeves, or other tube-shaped garments. It can also be used to sew socks or repair elbows and knees.
The machine’s drop feed lever can be found underneath the free-arm bed at the back. And because your fabric is pulled through the machine by the feed dogs, the pressure that you apply to the foot pedal will determine how fast the feed dogs move the fabric through the machine.
Quick Start/Stop Button
This feature allows the machine to stitch without a foot pedal, and you can control the sewing speed with this button. It is ideal for both quick mending and long seams such as curtains.
Speed Control Slider
You can adjust the speed slider to change your sewing speed easily according to your needs. You can easily control the speed, which will increase your stitching speed.
The reverse button is convenient because you can use them to reverse your sewing. Backstitching, among other things, can help make seams more stable.
The warranty period for electrical parts is 2 years, while that for mechanical parts is 25 years. Labor warranty coverage is for one year starting from the date of purchase.