The Bernette B48 is a mechanical coverstitch machine with many stitch options for any project and color-coding thread paths that make threading much easier than with other machines. It is a compact, sturdy, user-friendly, and affordable machine that operates smoothly to produce excellent stitch quality.
It boasts 23 built-in stitches, including 15 overlock stitches, 3 coverstitches, 4 combo stitches, 1 chain stitch, overlock stitches with a stitch width of up to 7 mm, coverstitches with stitch widths of 2.8 or 5.6 mm, and combo stitches with a stitch width of up to 10 mm.
Other highlights include a bright LED light for illuminating the sewing area, a fast sewing speed of 1,300 spm, a knife to ensure a cleanly cut edge, and more.
What We Like About
- Threading is simplified by color-coded path markings on both sides of the machine, which show you exactly where to insert your thread for each stitch option.
- Fast 1300 spm sewing speed and versatile 23 built-in stitch options.
- Stitches widths are adjustable for creating more basic and decorative patterns.
- Although most coverstitch machine comes with a steep learning curve, this Bernette B48 is straightforward to use and easy to master.
- Lightweight (17.2 lbs), compact (16.2 x 14.3 x 13.5 inches), and portable
What We Don’t Like
- This coverstitch machine is a bit pricey
- A bit noisy when operating at top speed
Bernette B4 comes with 23 stitch options, 15 of which are overlock stitches, 4 of them are combinations stitches, 3 coverstitches, and 1 chain stitch. The overlock stitches’ width can be adjusted between 3 mm and 7 mm. The coverstitches’ widths can be adjusted between 2.8 mm and 5.6 mm, while the width of the combo stitches may be increased up to 10mm. You can also choose from a flat stitch, stretch stitches, a chainstitch option, and a wide-rolled hemstitch that can be adjusted up to 1.5mm.
Color-Coded Threading Path
It is easy to thread your new B48 coverstitch machine if you follow the color-coded path. The whole threading process on this machine is much simpler than other models, thanks to its separate looper threading mechanism and needle threader to simplify the setup.
Differential feed is a standard feature on the modern serger models, allowing you to sew lightweight and knit fabrics without stretching and puckering. You can also adjust the differential feed ratio between 0.6 to 2.0 to increase control over delicate or slippery fabrics like chiffons, satins, and silks.
Large Working Area
This Bernette b48 features a wider table than a regular sewing machine, which accommodates larger projects and allows users to sew more easily and effectively. And the bright LED light can be used to illuminate both the work surface as well as the area below the needles.
Safety Cutting blade
The safety cutting blade ensures cleaner cut edges and allows for quick adjustments with only one hand.